FLOORING INSTALLATION PROCESS
What is FPN Services’ flooring installation process?
- Measure – Home Depot’s professional measure company will contact you. They will schedule a date and time to come to your home and take accurate measurements of the rooms in which you would like installation.
- Choosing & Ordering a Product – Once you know the size of your rooms, you decide which flooring surface will go into each room. After you’ve made this choice, your Home Depot Flooring Associate works with you to make decisions about specifics such as flooring transitions and carpet seam placement. After all of your choices are made, your associate will order any of your materials that are not in stock. You can follow up with your order progress through Home Depot’s MyInstall portal.
- Product Delivery – If you ordered carpet, your materials will be delivered to our warehouse, while any other product will typically be delivered to your home. Remember, wood products need to sit inside the house, preferably in the room where they are to be installed. This allows the wood to acclimate to the average temperature and humidity in your home. Wood products stored in the garage will not acclimate properly.
- Scheduling – FPN Services will contact you to schedule your installation date. We install Monday through Saturday, and our professional schedulers will let you know how long you can reasonably expect your installation to take. It is important that you plan to be there for the entire install. Please note that any quoted time is only an estimate. Occasionally there are issues beyond our control that may cause delays in your install process. We will keep you informed of our progress throughout the project.
- The Day Before – The day prior to your scheduled installation date, our office will contact you with a window of arrival for your installer. This is a good time to double check that your home is prepared for the flooring installation.
- Installation Day – When our technician arrives, he will review the plans and materials with you to ensure everything is in order before starting work. If necessary, dust protection will go up and demo work will begin. The length of time needed to install your floor depends on the size of your home and also the type of flooring to be installed.
- Final Walkthrough and Survey – When the installer completes his work, he will clean up the work area and walk through the job with you. He will answer any questions and address any concerns you may have before leaving, and you will sign off for the work that has been completed. You will receive an email from The Home Depot with a few short questions about your order and installation. FPN Services greatly appreciates your feedback.
Learn about what to expect during your floor installation, how to prepare your home, and common issues that can affect the installation process here.